Online Blackjack, Avoid Crucial Mistakes

blackjackOnline Blackjack, Avoid Crucial Mistakes

If you are thinking about getting involved with online blackjack, you want to take some time to actually study the game and learn up as to the various strategies and rules of the game. Too many players make the crucial mistake of becoming complacent when placing a bet with online blackjack when they are in the comfort and safety of their own homes.

Without a doubt, one of the most commonly committed mistakes that rookies to online blackjack make is not knowing when they should hit and press the advantage, and when it is a good idea to stand or surrender.

In blackjack, one of the methods of winning is to have a higher score than the other player. On this basis then, many players simply choose to go for the “hit” option, in a vain attempt to beat the dealer. This is further compounded by virtue of the fact that most casinos operate a policy whereby the dealer must stand (i.e. draw no more cards for themselves) when their hand reaches 17.

However, if the value of your total hand exceeds 21, then you lose irrespective of whether you have 5 cards or not.

If the dealer has a hand that is valued at ten, then the highest value card that they can draw is a ten, or any of the royal cards (which in blackjack are valued at ten anyway). Therefore, their potential score would be twenty.

There are 52 cards in the average playing deck, and 2-10, including the royal cards of any suit are all beneficial cards to the dealer. Therefore, the chances of them drawing such a card is 84% (we are deducting 4 from the equation).

Assuming that no aces have already been dealt, the dealer also has a 7% of drawing an ace which would mean that they win automatically when combined with their current hand.

If in this same set of circumstances you have a hand worth either fifteen or sixteen, then you should surrender. This is because the chances of you drawing a beneficial card (which would be 6 or less) is 46%. The chances of you drawing a card that brings you over 21 and means you automatically lose, is 54%. As can be plainly seen then, the odds are stacked firmly in the dealers favour.

If you are thinking about getting involved with online blackjack, you want to take some time to actually study the game and learn up as to the various strategies and rules of the game. Too many players make the crucial mistake of becoming complacent when placing a bet with online blackjack when they are in the comfort and safety of their own homes.

Without a doubt, one of the most commonly committed mistakes that rookies to online blackjack make is not knowing when they should hit and press the advantage, and when it is a good idea to stand or surrender.

In blackjack, one of the methods of winning is to have a higher score than the other player. On this basis then, many players simply choose to go for the “hit” option, in a vain attempt to beat the dealer. This is further compounded by virtue of the fact that most casinos operate a policy whereby the dealer must stand (i.e. draw no more cards for themselves) when their hand reaches 17.

However, if the value of your total hand exceeds 21, then you lose irrespective of whether you have 5 cards or not.

If the dealer has a hand that is valued at ten, then the highest value card that they can draw is a ten, or any of the royal cards (which in blackjack are valued at ten anyway). Therefore, their potential score would be twenty.

There are 52 cards in the average playing deck, and 2-10, including the royal cards of any suit are all beneficial cards to the dealer. Therefore, the chances of them drawing such a card is 84% (we are deducting 4 from the equation).

Assuming that no aces have already been dealt, the dealer also has a 7% of drawing an ace which would mean that they win automatically when combined with their current hand.

If in this same set of circumstances you have a hand worth either fifteen or sixteen, then you should surrender. This is because the chances of you drawing a beneficial card (which would be 6 or less) is 46%. The chances of you drawing a card that brings you over 21 and means you automatically lose, is 54%. As can be plainly seen then, the odds are stacked firmly in the dealers favor.

December 2, 2013: posted in Mistakes And Bad Bets No Comments

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

All original content on these pages is fingerprinted and certified by Digiprove
Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Google Plus